Friday, April 27, 2012

LOVE SUPERSEDES ALL.

If you had walked a mile in my shoes

If you had walked the halls with babies crying in your arms. You would not hate or judge them as they became teens.

If you had experienced the death and grief of so many you loved. Your heart would have softened and you would have empathy to put yourself in another's shoes.

If you were able to put yourself in my shoes. To walk a mile with me you would feel and see the hurt I have endured as I tried to love you deeply putting myself aside.

I have encountered rejection and betrayal.
I have continued to forgive and love.
And although I have failed you. You have failed me too.
Love and forgiveness remain in my heart towards you.
Bitterness for words spoken in anger do not supersede my love for you.
I see your heart.
I wish you would see mine too.

No comments: